I have several of these ‘Warriors in Denim’.
St Paul said this about the full armor of God:
“Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- having girded your waist with the belt of Truth,
- having put on the breastplate of Righteousness,
- having shod your feet with the sandals of the Gospel of Peace;
- above all, taking the shield of Faith, with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one,
- and take the helmet of Salvation,
- and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.”
Ephesians 6: 13 -17
With the world as it is, we really need this now, AND what’s more…
…we need ‘righteousness’, ie being in right standing with God (nothing to do with self-righteousness which is most surely the opposite) to avail ourselves of these weapons.
The Sword of The Spirit
Paul elucidates further on the Sword of the Spirit in Hebrews 4:12:
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
What a powerful weapon that is! Especially for discernment, which is much needed in today’s world.
In this regard, note the importance of being prepared for spiritual warfare, emphasized in my post Changing The Battle Ground.
Artwork and Products available in my Damascus Road Gallery. Or click on the images.